Ready for action with HKG

Ready for action with HKG
Took this photo with me in it as a mistake when HKG was posing

Thursday 24 November 2011

A compartmentalized life

"A compartmentalized life"....another phrase from my close friend which encapsulates my existence.
It's interesting how I've learned to cope with it and become quite socially adept at the same time.
When I took the Dale Carnegie course many years ago, one of the first things I learned was to ask questions. It works exceeding well for a number of reasons, the main two being that people love talking about themselves & their interests - and, perhaps even more importantly, you learn a lot more when you listen than when you talk. As well, it eats up time & diverts attention from yourself. And that's important when a lot of what you've been up to isn't all that socially acceptable.

I've noticed that trait developing in one of my daughters over the last few years - and I'm sure the reason isn't genetic

No comments:

Post a Comment